ROSSO DI MONTALCINO
100%, SANGIOVESE refined for 12 months in large Slavonia durmast casks. Our Rosso di Montalcino expresses the vigor of the vines and of the soil of Vigna del Piano and the Vigna dei cipressi.
DOWNLOAD PDF Characteristics
- Altitude: 250 m
- Exposure: West/South West
- Soil: medium texture with limestone clay and sand
- Type of cultivation: spurred cordon and guyot
- Density: about 4,000 – 4,500
- Age of vines: 17-20 years
- Yield/ha.: 65 quintals
- Yield/plant: 1.4 Kg
- Harvest period: end of September / beginning of October
- Method of harvest: by hand
- Alcohol content: 14.0%
- Vinification: maceration in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 23°C for 25 days.
- Aging: Slavonian durmast casks of 20 hl for at least 9 months
- Refinement: in bottles for a period of at least 4 months
- Colour: clear, intense ruby.
- Aroma: complex, with hints of strawberry, cherry jam, lightly spicy with floral and mineral notes.
- Taste: balanced, intense, with dense and elegant tannins. A long savoury, minerally finish.
- Overall impressions: harmonious, with a great possibility of developing.
- Couple with: white meats, semi-seasoned cheeses, pasta.
- Serve at: 18-20°C.
- Total production: 22,000 bottles